DE Guidelines, Policies and Procedures
- Leeward CC DE Guidelines – Standards for designing a DE course at Leeward CC. (Approved by Faculty Senate.)
- Leeward CC DE Guidelines Self-Assessment – A way to self-reflect and improve your course design based on the DE Guidelines.
- DE Peer Evaluation – Based on the DE Guidelines, the peer evaluation will assist your colleagues in evaluating your DE course delivery and may be used in performance dossiers.
- UH DE Policies and Procedures, federal regulations, etc.
DE Support and Resources
- DE Liaisons – Colleagues from each division who will help you teach online, connect with campus resources and colleagues, and build relationships amongst those who regularly teach online. Request assistance from a DE Liaison.
- Instructional Designers – EMC’s Instructional Designers partner with instructors to create online courses, conduct workshops, and provide resources to support your professional development using technology and teaching online.
Tools and Resources
- Leeward DE Tips for Instructors – DE tips from EMC’s Instructional Designers.
- DE Resources – A collection of frequently accessed resources for online instructors (e.g. Laulima, tools, online teaching, etc.) from UHOIC.
- More DE Resources – A collection of best practices, designing online courses, technology for DE, assessment in online courses, and more from UH Manoa General Education.
- Laulima Tips – Laulima is the University of Hawaii’s online learning and collaboration system.
- Zoom – Video web conferencing.
- Course Evaluation System (CES) – 16 recommended questions for DE courses.
- Google Meet and Zoom Instructions for Virtual Office
Excellence in Online Teaching Award (EOTA)
- Excellence in Online Teaching Award (EOTA) – An award from the DE Committee that recognizes DE instructors for their excellence in online teaching.
- DE Course Examples – A gallery of videos where Leeward CC DE instructors highlight the design features of their DE courses.